2008-04-22: GEOSS AIP Telecon
Back to < GEOSS AIP AQ Scenario
Agenda and Notes from George Percival on OGC Site
- 1 Update on GEOSS Common Infrastructure: Testing the GEOSS Portal and Clearing house
- 2 Themes to be considered in developing a CFP for OP1 Augmentation:
- 3 Lead editors for sections of CFP-2008
- 4 Discussion of AIP Milestones and Schedule
- 5 GEOSS Workshops
- 6 Any other business
Update on GEOSS Common Infrastructure: Testing the GEOSS Portal and Clearing house
- ADC Co-Chairs e-mail regarding status of Testing plan
- GEOSEC testing plan memo
- ADC Co-Chairs response for testing plan memo
This Initial Operating Capability (IOC) phase will last for up to 12 months with a target opening date of 1 May 2008. Kickoff will be late May (change from proposed schedule). Should make use of initial op. phase 1 in AIP.
Themes to be considered in developing a CFP for OP1 Augmentation:
- Coordinate with SBA through the UIC
- Anyone can join at any time, but we will be doing certain things at certain times (milestones). Waterfall schedule, Kickoff -> Delivery
- Get beyond the demo phase
- Take advantage of the GEOSS Common Infrastructure, register real services that have 'baggage' and need adapters.
Lead editors for sections of CFP-2008
- John will be in touch soon to see if there are any changes/additions to be made to pilot.
- Potential to present pilot at AQ Workshop in Boston, July (Sunday before IGARSS)
Enterprise Modeling of scenarios: Larry McGovern
- Will work with each scenario
- Expose feedback
All scenario leads will present the scenarios soon (next telecon or two weeks) so that SBA can see what others are doing and discover potential synergies.
Discussion of AIP Milestones and Schedule
- CFP Release: End of May
- Response Due: End of July
- Kickoff: September, Boulder?
- Interim Results: Nov
- OP-1: 2009
- XXI-Air Quality and Health Jul 02, 2008 Beijing, China
- XXII - Air Quality and coastal ecosystems (weather forecasting) Jul 06, 2008 Boston, MA, USA
- XXV - Architecture of GEOSS, 1 day in week of 1 Dec 2008 -Valencia, Spain - will discuss SIF, interoperability and usage of GCI
Any other business
- Next call - April 29, 14:00 UTC.