WCS Wrapper Configuration for Cubes
Serving Data from complete NetCDF-CF files
The best thing is to have all your heterogeneous data in one NetCDF file. In that case, your data shares all the main dimensions: Latitude, Longitude and Time. This enables the WCS service to filter out both map slices, time series or some combination of the two.
Copy your NetCDF file to web/static/myproject
- Every NetCDF file becomes a coverage.
- Every Variable in the file becomes a field.
The configuration is automatic, /OWS/web/owsadmin.py script extracts the metadata from these cubes and you are ready to run.
python owsadmin.py wcs_prepare -ao
This extracts all the metadata from all the providers.
Serving data from periodic collection of NetCDF files
Sometimes you have accumulated a huge number of small NetCDF files, like daily slices from a model output. You could combine those into one big cube, but you for a terabyte of files, that may not be an option.
The custom handler does three things.
- It gets the datetime from the TimeSequence parameter. Time ranges are reported as error.
- It finds the daily netcdf file by the datetime.
- It redirects the extractor to get the subcube from that file
To achieve this it's using standard object-oriented inheritance and method overriding.