Visualization Cluster 2011
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 12:21, 29 December 2011 by Kward
Contact Person: Kevin Ward
Contact e-mail: [email protected]
- What were the main accomplishments and activities of this group over the last six months to a year? (List successes or highlights from the group. List links tangible outputs/work products, if available)
- Primarily the cluster is serving as a showcase for visualization techniques and tools.
- What is the group working on now?
- Continuing monthly (at best) telecon series. Looking toward organizing a session for the summer 2012 meeting about visualization frameworks.
- How is the work the #Group did supported? (ESIP-funded, external funding, time, computing resources)
- ESIP supports the cluster by providing teleconferencing support.
- Do you work with other organizations (GEO, OGC, etc.) or other clusters? Is this primarily in a supporting role, peer-to-peer, or leadership relationship? How do you engage new members?
- Not very much at this time, although I intend to look for partners for the frameworks session this summer.
- What are your goals for the next year?
- I would like to come up with a concept that we can all work on collaboratively (and is not too time consuming) but I have not arrived at that yet. For the meantime, I want to continue our monthly(ish) showcases and look toward the summer meeting program.
- Do you anticipate needing resources or funding for these activities? If so, approximately how much?
- Not at this time.
- Is there anything that the staff or ESIP leadership could do to better support your group?
- So far, the moral support has been very helpful and appreciated. We're (I'm) still finding my way.
- Any other comments?
- None to report