From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
(Difference between revisions)
(→ESIP summer meeting plans)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Revision as of 15:14, 3 July 2019
Return to Archive
- John Porter
- Colin Smith
- Stevan Earl
- Analyzing keyword usage in the IMCR Extracting metadata from Ontosoft, parsing, and analytical approaches.
- Revisiting controlled vocabularies Review IMCR terms, identify and integrate science domain into IMCR best practices.
- ESIP summer meeting plans Review summer meeting presentation and participant activities.
Analyzing keyword usage in the IMCR
- Perhaps a cluster analysis of keywords
- Word cloud of term use
- Histogram of term use
Revisiting controlled vocabularies
- If broadly applicable, then better to include all domains rather than none.
- Consider the LTER Controlled vocabulary "disciplines" category of terms
- project management - Too broad. Remove
- process management (e.g. Kelper) - Rename as "workflow management"
- egress - Rename as "export", perhaps delete
- ingress - Rename as "import"
- streaming data - to data streaming
- storage > data base design to planning
- cleaning falls under assurance or control
- spatial data editing/spatial transformation - remove "spatial"
- mind mapping to planning
- metadata rendering to preservation or to transformation
- semantic* sub-terms under semantic operations or annotation
- notification is esoteric (communication)
- retrieval and mining under collection
- crawling - might be too specific
- aggregation - add term
- merging - added term
- interoperatbility - move to preservation
- conversion and reformatting are very simmilar - reformatting under conversion
ESIP summer meeting plans
We never got around to discussing this.
Revise the IMCR CV considering the notes above and feedback from the RFC. (Colin)