Return to Archive
- John Porter
- Colin Smith
- Stevan Earl
- Analyzing keyword usage in the IMCR Extracting metadata from Ontosoft, parsing, and analytical approaches.
- Revisiting controlled vocabularies Review IMCR terms, identify and integrate science domain into IMCR best practices.
- ESIP summer meeting plans Review summer meeting presentation and participant activities.
Analyzing keyword usage in the IMCR
Some cursory ideas for analyzing the IMCR contents, primarily for purposes of the summer ESIP meeting in a few weeks.
- Perhaps a cluster analysis of keywords
- Word cloud of term use
- Histogram of term use
Revisiting controlled vocabularies
Science domain CV
- If broadly applicable, then better to include all domains rather than none.
- Consider the LTER Controlled vocabulary "disciplines" category of terms
- project management - Too broad. Remove
- process management (e.g. Kelper) - Rename as "workflow management". Move to integration.
- egress - Rename as "export" or delete.
- ingress - Rename as "import"
- streaming data - to "data streaming" or "streaming"
- storage - Rename as "storing"
- data base design - Potentially new term to under planning
- spatial data editing - Remove term
- spatial transformation - Remove term (already exists under integration where it belongs)
- mind mapping - Move to planning
- metadata rendering - Remove term since it falls under transformation
- semantic* - Combine into new term "annotation"
- Notification is esoteric - Remove
- transformation/formatting may belong under this hierarchy
- retrieval and mining - Move under collection
- crawling - Remove (too specific)
- aggregation - add term
- merging - added term
- interoperatbility - move to preservation
- conversion and reformatting are very simmilar - reformatting under conversion
ESIP summer meeting plans
We never got around to discussing this.
Revise the IMCR CV considering the notes above and feedback from the RFC. (Colin)