Summer 2012 Meeting
The Summer 2012 ESIP Federation meeting will be held July 17-20, 2012, on the campus of the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Most meeting activities will be held in the Pyle Center on campus. Hotel details will follow.
Following hotels (Federal rate, which is currently $88/night for single or $108 for double; however, this may change). All of these hotels provide a free shuttle for the hotel and campus. Room reservation cut-off is June 15. Ask for the ESIP rate, some hotels will require gov't ID to get the rate. Call to make your room reservation.
- The Madison Concourse Hotel - http://www.concoursehotel.com
- The Hilton DoubleTree - http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/M/MSNDTDT-ESI-20120715/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
- Airport shuttle runs 7am-10pm, call when you arrive at Madison Airport
- Hyatt Place - http://www.HyattPlaceMadisonDowntown.com (Corporate/Group # online:G-ESIP by phone: ESIP – Earth System Information Partners Room Block)
- Hotel Red - http://hotelred.com/
- Edgewater Hotel - http://www.theedgewater.com/
Registration for the 2012 Summer ESIP Federation Meeting will be available on March 15. Early registration (through May 31, 2012) is $395/members and $495/non-members. After May 31, the registration fee rises to $495 (members) and $595 (non-members). A student registration is available for $150. A special one-day attendance is available for $200. Registration for the meeting begins http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265
A full refund will be given until May 31. After May 31, no refunds will be issued for cancelled registration.
This meeting is the first meeting we will be offering extensive virtual participation for viewers and presenters. Registration is $50/members and $80/non-members. Registration begins March 15: http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265
The Agenda for the Summer ESIP Federation meeting (July 17-20, 2012) is under development. Final scheduling of sessions into slots will be done approximately 1 month before the meeting begins. If you have a Technical Workshop to propose or a Breakout Session topic to propose, submit your session below. The theme of the meeting will be: ESIP Community Leadership: Innovating Throughout the Data Life Cycle
Local Things to Do
- A cruise on one of the lakes - private charter or reserved seats on a public cruise
- Madison Mallards Game (home games on the 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 19th):
- Tours of the Capital
- Frank Lloyed Wright Taliesin Estate
- Madison Farmers Market on Saturday mornings: