From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 11:23, 31 March 2016 by Narock
The purpose of this cluster is ...
Vision of the Semantic Technologies Committee
- Promote research and development of semantic technologies in support of Earth science data discovery, dissemination, analysis
- Collaborate with ESIP members, working groups, clusters, and standing committees
- Foster sharing and reuse of ontologies and controlled vocabularies
- To provide a collaborative environment for the development of ontologies and ontology-based standards
- To maintain a long-term agenda and roadmap for evaluation of semantics within ESIP
- To collaborate with external agencies, on behalf of ESIP, in regards to semantic technologies
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- Increase the use and value of Earth science data and information.
- Strengthen the ties between observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education and applications).
- Promote techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information, and applications.
- Position ESIP to play a major role in Earth science issues (e.g. addressing effects of climate change mitigation, adaptation and supporting sustainable science data infrastructure).
Collaboration Area Plan
Collaboration Area Objective:
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?
(e.g. Partnerships, in-kind support, staff support)
How will we know we are on the right track?
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?
Cross-collaboration area connections
(Identify other areas that you consider cross collaboration. Are there things that you need us to provide in support the cross collaboration?)