Executive Committee of the ESIP Federation
- Emily Law, President
- Christine White, Vice President
- Bill Teng, Chair, Finance
- Danie Kinkade, Chair, Partnership
- Ken Keiser, Chair, C&B
- Bob Arko, Type I Rep
- Sky Bristol, Type II Rep
- Ted Habermann, Type III Rep
- Justin Goldstein, Chair, Data Stewardship
- LuAnn Dahlman, Chair, Education
- Ethan Davis, Chair, IT & I
- Denise Hills, Chair, Nominations
- Soren Scott, Chair, Products and Services
- Tom Narock, Chair, Semantic Technologies
2nd Tuesday of the month at 3 pm Eastern
- Next Telecon, April 12, 3 pm EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/411606165
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (312) 757-3121
Access Code: 411-606-165
- Approval of March Minutes
- President's Report
- Sponsors visit: Erin, Christine and I met with NASA and NOAA sponsors. The purpose was to provide our sponsors an update of ESIP activities that are of specific interest to their programs and to hear how ESIP can serve them better. Other topics included ESIP Evaluation, International Data Week, Earth Science User Conference, etc.
- Potential partners visit: We also visited US-GEO/OSTP, NIH and World Bank. The purpose was to provide potential partner/collaborative organizations a high-level overview of ESIP, share with them our strategic vision and activities, learn about their synergetic activites, and explore opportunities and collaboration.
- Takeaways and actions from these visits can be found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PBJFzHSGInlQYSKAlLzYXY04nXqLcMTBGvyA_gd4HJQ/edit
- Significance: Congratulations to H.K. "Rama" Ramapriyan for having been elected as the Vice Chair of Data Stewardship Committee. Congratulations to Rich Signell for having been appointed as the Vice Chair of IT&T Committee.
- Significance: Thanks to all the Committees, Work Groups and Clusters that have finalized their Annual Work Plans.
- Staff Report
- Committee Reports
- No budget activity this month.
- Some discussions with C&B on ESIP P&P page.
- Data Stewardship
- Products & Services
- Semantic Technology
- Working on an ESIP-wide resource for semantic technology deployment
- Working on an ESIP-wide evaluation/tutorial on ontologies and semantics with likely hands-on eval at summer meeting
- Working with Products & Services and software group to re-use/extend evaluation and reuse metrics
- Type Rep Reports
- Type I
- Type II Characterizing ESIP Member Contributions
- Type III
- Other Business
- Any other business?
2016 Work Plan
Past ExCom Workspaces
To see prior year work plans and links