Metadata Catalogs hosted by ESIP Members
In an effort to build an initial inventory of ESIP Federation member metadata collections and services, this wiki page has been established as a collection point for initial information about these collections. Ultimately this information will contribute to the Federation's efforts to develop recommendations and access models for Federation metadata holdings to maximize the exposure of Federation metadata with a minimum of effort on the part of the Federation membership.
Please provide the following information about your metadata collection:
- A contact person in your organization for further information about your team's metadata registration work
- Types of metadata records: for example, "FGDC", "ISO", "DIF", etc.
- Approximate number of metadata records
- Rate at which the number of metadata records is changing
- Locally hosted metadata services based upon these metadata: for example, "OGC CSW", "Z39.50", "Web-Accessible Directory"
- External metadata registries where your metadata are already published and/or searchable: for example, "Geospatial OneStop", "GCMD", "ECHO", "FGDC Clearinghouse", "NBII Clearinghouse", "CLASS"
Please copy the entry template (by going to the page, chosing to edit the page, selecting all the content, and "copying" that content) to the bottom of this page. Then complete the copied template as fully as possible.