IM Code Registry

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Activities)
(Get Involved)
(29 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
The Information Management Code Registry (IMCR) contains software useful for information management tasks commonly encountered in the earth and environmental sciences (e.g. data ingestion, formatting, QA/QC, visualization, metadata generation, archive, etc.), and is a hub for code sharing, collaboration, and development. All levels of software maturity are welcome, from single functions to multi-functional software packages, and everyone is welcome to participate, from novice to expert. The code registry is implemented in OntoSoft and regular community discussions and resources are listed in this wiki. Get involved by subscribing to the IMCR mailing list, joining the IMCR Slack, and engaging with monthly telecons. Register your code by creating an account in the IMCR Portal. Contact the co-chairs if you have any questions.
+
We strive for a comprehensive registry of IM software for environmental scientists that is searchable by task (e.g. quality control) and software attribute (e.g. language), as well as provide a community forum to explore the development of new software ideas. We emphasize free and open source software of all maturity levels, but do not exclude proprietary sources. Join our community discussions! We meet regularly (first Wednesday of the month, 2 pm EDT) to explore new ideas, trends, challenges, and opportunities, and have an email list for out of band communications. Everyone ("developers" and "non-developers") is welcome!
  
 
{| width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="zborder-top:1px solid #aaaaaa; border-collapse: collapse;"  
 
{| width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="zborder-top:1px solid #aaaaaa; border-collapse: collapse;"  
Line 8: Line 8:
 
===Resources===
 
===Resources===
  
 +
* '''[https://imcr-hackathon.github.io/website Website]'''
 
* '''[http://imcr.ontosoft.org/#list IMCR Portal]'''
 
* '''[http://imcr.ontosoft.org/#list IMCR Portal]'''
* '''[[Controlled vocabulary]]'''
+
* '''[[IMCR Controlled vocabulary]]'''
 
* '''[[Best practices]]'''
 
* '''[[Best practices]]'''
  
Line 16: Line 17:
 
=== Get Involved===
 
=== Get Involved===
 
* '''E-mail List:''' [http://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-imcoderegistry esip-imcoderegistry]
 
* '''E-mail List:''' [http://lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-imcoderegistry esip-imcoderegistry]
* '''Telecons:''' [https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/701843053 Monthly on the first Wednesday at 2:00 pm EDT]
+
* '''Telecons:''' [https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/701843053 Monthly on the first Wednesday at 2:00 pm ET]
** Next meeting: August 7th ([http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_(2019-08-07) Meeting Agenda])
+
** Next meeting: December 4th ([http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_(2019-12-04) Meeting Agenda])
 
* '''Slack:''' [https://join.slack.com/t/imcoderegistry/shared_invite/enQtNDAwOTEwOTgyNzg0LTA2MmYzMGIxNTc0NjA4OGIwOTQzMTM2MTRmNTQyM2ExNDRlNGM3MjMwMjFjZjYyNzdjMDVlZjlhNjJhMGJmYjI Chat on Slack]
 
* '''Slack:''' [https://join.slack.com/t/imcoderegistry/shared_invite/enQtNDAwOTEwOTgyNzg0LTA2MmYzMGIxNTc0NjA4OGIwOTQzMTM2MTRmNTQyM2ExNDRlNGM3MjMwMjFjZjYyNzdjMDVlZjlhNjJhMGJmYjI Chat on Slack]
 
* '''Twitter:''' [https://twitter.com/search?q=IMcodeRegistry&src=typd #IMcodeRegistry]
 
* '''Twitter:''' [https://twitter.com/search?q=IMcodeRegistry&src=typd #IMcodeRegistry]
* '''E-mail Archives:''' [http://www.lists.esipfed.org/pipermail/esip-imcoderegistry ESIP IMCR Archive]
+
* '''E-mail Archives:''' [https://lists.esipfed.org/pipermail/esip-imcoderegistry/ Email archive]
 
* '''Co-chairs:''' [[User:kvanderbi| Kristin Vanderbilt]], [[User:csmith | Colin Smith]]
 
* '''Co-chairs:''' [[User:kvanderbi| Kristin Vanderbilt]], [[User:csmith | Colin Smith]]
  
Line 31: Line 32:
 
===Activities===
 
===Activities===
  
* '''[[Controlled vocabulary]]''' - Refining the IMCR CV and identifying a Science Domain CV to enhance searching.
+
[[Telecon_(2019-08-07)|'''Work on a prioritized list of action items (created in the August 2019 telecon)''']] is underway.
* '''[[Software registration]]''' - The ongoing process of identifying and registering software packages.
+
 
 +
[[Telecon_(2019-10-02)|'''More action items (created in the October 2019 telecon.)''']]
  
 
|bgcolor="pink" style="border: 1px solid gray;padding-left:0.5em;padding-right:0.5em;" width="50%"|
 
|bgcolor="pink" style="border: 1px solid gray;padding-left:0.5em;padding-right:0.5em;" width="50%"|
Line 38: Line 40:
 
===[[/Archived {{PAGENAME}} Events|News]]===
 
===[[/Archived {{PAGENAME}} Events|News]]===
  
 +
* November 6th meeting was cancelled
 +
* '''[[Telecon (2019-10-02)]]''' - Update on August action items.
 +
* September 4th meeting was cancelled
 +
* '''[[Telecon (2019-08-07)]]''' - Reviewing ESIP session comments and prioritizing action items.
 +
* '''ESIP Session (2019-07-17)''' - Join us in person or remotely ('''[https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtPS/the-information-management-code-registry-software-solutions-for-information-management-needs more info]''').
 
* '''[[Telecon (2019-07-03)]]''' - Analyzing keyword usage, revisiting controlled vocabularies, summer meeting plans.
 
* '''[[Telecon (2019-07-03)]]''' - Analyzing keyword usage, revisiting controlled vocabularies, summer meeting plans.
 
* '''[[Telecon (2019-06-05)]]''' - Spring hackathon planning, software registration update, controlled vocabulary notes.
 
* '''[[Telecon (2019-06-05)]]''' - Spring hackathon planning, software registration update, controlled vocabulary notes.
* '''[[Telecon (2019-05-01)]]''' - Spring hackathon planning, software registration update, controlled vocabulary notes.
 
* '''[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_(2019-02-06) Telecon (2019-02-06)]''' - Identifying themes for a spring hackathon
 
* '''[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Telecon_(2018-12-05) Telecon (2018-12-05)]''' - Populating IMCR with software
 
* The November 7th meeting was canceled.
 
* '''[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Controlled_vocabulary_testing_(2018-10-10) Telecon (2018-10-10)]''' - Controlled vocabulary testing
 
* '''[http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Controlled_vocabulary_testing_(2018-10-10) Telecon (2018-10-10)]''' - Reorganization of the IMCR Controlled Vocabulary
 
  
 
'''[[Archive]]'''
 
'''[[Archive]]'''

Revision as of 13:57, 2 December 2019

We strive for a comprehensive registry of IM software for environmental scientists that is searchable by task (e.g. quality control) and software attribute (e.g. language), as well as provide a community forum to explore the development of new software ideas. We emphasize free and open source software of all maturity levels, but do not exclude proprietary sources. Join our community discussions! We meet regularly (first Wednesday of the month, 2 pm EDT) to explore new ideas, trends, challenges, and opportunities, and have an email list for out of band communications. Everyone ("developers" and "non-developers") is welcome!

Resources

Get Involved

Activities

Work on a prioritized list of action items (created in the August 2019 telecon) is underway.

More action items (created in the October 2019 telecon.)

News

  • November 6th meeting was cancelled
  • Telecon (2019-10-02) - Update on August action items.
  • September 4th meeting was cancelled
  • Telecon (2019-08-07) - Reviewing ESIP session comments and prioritizing action items.
  • ESIP Session (2019-07-17) - Join us in person or remotely (more info).
  • Telecon (2019-07-03) - Analyzing keyword usage, revisiting controlled vocabularies, summer meeting plans.
  • Telecon (2019-06-05) - Spring hackathon planning, software registration update, controlled vocabulary notes.

Archive

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox