Federation Strategic Plan
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 13:48, 24 January 2006 by 18.104.22.168
Strategic Plan 2004-2007
Full document as Adopted by the ESIP Federation Assembly August 17,2004:
The following sections are excerpts:
- To enhance our environmental stewardship, economic opportunities, and quality of life through the informed application of reliable Earth science information.
- To establish and refine processes rooted in science and to increase the quality and value of Earth science products and services for the benefit of science and society.
Goals and Strategies
- GOAL 1: Be the primary facilitator, coordinating body and advisor to promote the use of Earth science data and information.
- GOAL 2: Promote the efficient integration and flow of Earth science data from collection and analysis to end-use.
- GOAL 3: Improve the quality and usability of Earth science data and information systems.
- GOAL 4: Increase the use of Earth science data and information.
- GOAL 5: Expand public awareness about the importance and value of Earth science and Earth science information systems.
- GOAL 6: Target new members selectively and encourage active involvement and retention of current members.
- GOAL 7: Solidify a stable funding base for the Federation and the Earth science data management and information community.