From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 11:15, 9 December 2015 by Achiu2
1. Gray Box
- This is a frequent unwanted occurrence for beginners.
- It happens when you begin a line with a space
- You get a nice box, like this (Here examples are shown inside such a box.):
- Surround text of header with "=="
- Use more "===" for sub headings
- Such headers are automatically placed in page Table of Contents
- Unless you include __NOTOC__ anywhere on the page (and don't surround it with <nowiki> tags like I did here!)
- Use colons at start of line (more for deeper indent)
- Use stars at start of line (more for sublists)
5. Links and New Page
- URL's are automatic links, e.g., http://esipfed.org
- Square brackets surround links we build inside the wiki
- New pages are generated by surrounding a unique, local name with square brackets (I prefix with "ESB" for links local to this page to save generic names for the admin)usually followed within the brackets by a vertical bar "|" and the text you want shown to indicate the link
[[ESB New page name|visible name]]
Cool way to communicate group ToDo's
- Rudy used this trick when preparing list of items to do in preparing a group proposal
- Edit this page to see how it is done
- Here is an example of the simplest table (using a format that is easy to understand). Note insertion of "style" and "align" to right align the contents of the first cell.
Area for you to try it
- Feel free to make test pages in the space below.
- To do this, click on the "edit" tab above and page down inside the resulting text box
- Type a new page between square brackets using a name like [[Sandbox_HB]]
- You can type a short name in the "summary" field below the text box you have been editing (this is used in the "recent change" list to help people find edits)
- Check off the minor or major edit to determine whether the change is broadcast by email to the people "watching"
- Save your edited page by clicking "save page" button below the text box
- The new link will appear in red--click on it to begin editing the new page in a new space.
Add links here: