Education:Telecon notes - ebook
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 17:46, 11 October 2016 by Seolds
Telecom Ebook discussion Sept 28 Attendees: LuAnn Dahlman, Margaret Mooney, Dan Zalles
Agenda for today:
- Discussion about Ebook production
- NSTA conferences coming up.
- Preston has a new job! Not sure if he’ll be able to continue the ESIP Education.
- Therefore need someone to step up for eBook shepherding
- Using slides from NSTA Denver Forum as foundation
- Checking back with NSTA that they received the safety confirmations (they have)
- Decision: by NSTA - Need draft activity materials to share with participants
- (done) Check back by Oct 5 to see if we are a go on Portland. - yes
UCAR and drones
- Margarette - response - Randy Russel - UCAR
- Some of the activities are similar to our activities (which is fine)
- They will have a summer camp vs ESIP putting out an eBook
- They also have a simulation with drones to do aerial survey of a disaster area
- Looked at DISSCE as a template
- For now there is a log-in until the new server is finished being updated. DICCE demo” for user and “climate” for password, - http://dicce.sri.com/ -
- geared to be a lesson plan interface. Shareable and modifiable. We will show this as a 'formal' example in survey.
- eBook Requirements
- graphic design
- kid friendly
- Guidance about the ebook and content: We are being opportunistic - the bull’s-eyes is that the educators have learners who have drones - and they know how to fly - and want to do something with the drone.
- 4 activities ready by October 28 -
- Meet weekly to prepare.