Drones, Data, and the Great American Eclipse
- Working Agenda for the 2017 July 27 ESIP teacher track sessions --
- 8:30– Welcome, Introductions, ESIP Overview - Shelley Olds, ESIP Education Chair
- 9:00 – NOAA Data in the Classroom - June Teisan
- 10:00 - Using Mapping Tools to Work with Natural Hazards Data in the Classroom - Robert Downs
- 10:30 - break
- 11:00 – Getting the Most out of GOES-16 Data - Margaret Mooney
- 11:30 – The Great American Eclipse - Pat Reiff
- 12:00 - Eclipse Outdoor Activities
- 12:30 – LUNCH
- 1:30 – Distribute Drones, explore drone activities - Shelley Olds & LuAnn Dahlman
- 2:00 – Hands-on Drone Activities (in small groups)
- 3:30 – Break
- 4:00 – More hands-on!
- 4:45 – Summary discussions, Evaluation and wrap-up
- 5:30 - Adjourn
The ESIP summer meeting will take place in Bloomington, Indiana.
Conference information & registration is available at http://www.esipfed.org/meetings/upcoming-meetings/esip-summer-meeting-2017 ESIP Summer Meeting 2017 ]
Teacher registration is complimentary thanks to NOAA, but space is limited. Please identify yourself as a teacher when registering.
The first 15 registrants will receive a $200 travel stipend and a free recreational drone!