From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 10:43, 18 January 2011 by Erinmr
This page was created (probably temporarily!) to represent discovery across three domains: Data, projects&programs, and methodology. Discovery is the positive/beneficial result of a facilitated search within a specialized domain.
- Data discovery: Search engines with data repository access for locating data sources and possibly obtaining data therefrom.
- Example: The SciScope data search engine at http://www.sciscope.org facilitates simultaneous search and retrieval across NOAA/NCDC NWS, USGS NWIS, and EPA STORET.
- Projects & Programs discovery: A registry of research projects/programs associated by subject, location, etc. P&P discovery allows one to find other groups working on related topics.
- Example: <missing>
- Methodology discovery: Find best (or reasonable) practices for How To, thereby get a jump on what you want to do and avoid re-inventing wheels.
- Example: The Experimental Hydrology Wiki: http://www.experimental-hydrology.net.