From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Revision as of 06:16, 25 March 2019 by ZacharyRobbins
- Indented line
Statement of Current Work:
Current Projects and Collaborations
Semantic Projects in which Committee members are involved in can be found in this section of the Strategic Vision document.
Current Collaboration Areas
- We are evaluating which ontology portal features (mappings, alignment, visualization, registering, etc.) are of need to the broad Earth science community. As of the ESIP Summer Meeting 2017, a comprehensive Ontology Portal Evaluation has been undertaken to understand what the community needs and what resources are necessary to support those needs.
- We are considering how to establish an Ontology Repository Evaluation Roadmap.
- We are evaluating what it means to be a "good" ontology and what governance looks like for community developed and maintained semantic resources (ontologies and taxonomies)
- In conjunction with ESIP's Products and Services we are helping to evaluate software readiness levels and software reuse.
- We are working with ESIP's Cloud Computing Cluster to explore efficient and extensible means of hosting ESIP-wide semantic resources
Collaboration Area Plan
Liaisons to external groups
- Ruth Duerr - EarthCube Semantics Working Group
- Soren Scott - RDA Provenance Working Group
- Stephen Richard - RDA Vocab Services, Terminology IG, and DataType Registry Working Groups
- Stace Beaulieu - USGS CDI Semantic Web Working Group
- Adam Shepherd - The Ontolog Community
- Lewis McGibbney - Spatial Data on the Web (SDW)
- Bhaskar Ramachandran - The International Association for Ontology and its Applications (IAOA), http://www.iaoa.org/
- Pascal Hitzler - Ontology Design & Patterns Association
- John Graybeal - Lead of MMI ORR, BioPortal projects