Collaboration Tools and Methods
ESIP provides a platform for virtual collaboration with several tools for clusters and groups to use for collaboration: (1) this wiki; (2) Teleconference numbers for the U.S. and (3) GoToMeeting for web meetings. Beyond these tools, the group has also developed methods for implementing these tools and they are collected and shared in this workspace.
Presentation on Collab Tools
Collaboration activities that the Federation is involved in (please add to this list):
- Air Pollution event analysis
- Meeting planning and execution
- Federation meetings
- AQ Events
- Data Summit
- Collaborative writing
- Proposals - GEO/ROSES/NSF
Read on Collaborative Systems/Digital Ethnography/Active Research.
- ESIP as a Virtual Organization
- Tools that support clusters - telecons, workspaces, ...
- Virtual Meetings
- Workspaces - 2008-01-05: Wiki Workspaces on Datafedwiki Workspace search on ESIP
- Cost-benefit analysis of improvement to do work this way? Literature review needed...
Air Twitter Social media listening tool initial for Air Quality, but can be applied to any other application
uFIND] Community catalog for finding and accessing data through standard formats WMS. User-oriented ...
Screencasting - show how to do something instead of write.
Google Docs - Share online documents instead of passing documents through e-mail.
- Word Docs
Google Calendars - create a calendar for your group. For telecons, meetings and other events.
Google Analytics as a metric for workspace productivity, monitor where visitors are coming from geographically and on the web, what is of most interest, where do they leave?