ESIP Collaboration Area Strategic Plan 2016
- Co-Chair (s): H. K. (Rama) Ramapriyan, David Moroni, Ge Peng
- Website (wiki): http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality
- Monthly Meeting Day/Time: 2nd Thursday at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT
To become an authoritative and responsive resource of information and guidance to data providers on how best to implement certain data quality standards and best practices for their datasets
2015-2020 Strategic Plan Goals
- Bring together people from various disciplines to assess aspects of quality of Earth science data
- Establish and publish baseline of standards and best practices for data quality for adoption by inter-agency and international data providers
- Build framework for consistent capture, harmonization, and presentation of data quality for the purposes of climate change studies, Earth science and applications
- 2015-2020 Strategic Plan Executive Summary
- Strategic Plan Roadmap
- ISO 19157 "Geographic information -- Data quality"
- QA4EO'11 October 2011 agenda and presentations
Collaboration Area Plan
Collaboration Area Objective:
Improve capture, description, discovery, and usability of information about data quality in Earth science data products. Ensure producers of data products are aware of standards and best practices for conveying data quality, and data providers/distributors/intermediaries establish, improve and evolve mechanisms to assist users in discovering and understanding data quality information.
Things we may do to fulfill our objectives:
Things our collaboration area needs to deliver our objectives?
(e.g. Partnerships, in-kind support, staff support)
How will we know we are on the right track?
How will others know what we are doing in & out of ESIP?
Cross-collaboration area connections
(Identify other areas that you consider cross collaboration. Are there things that you need us to provide in support the cross collaboration?)