Telecon 11.07.13 materials

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Jump to: navigation, search


Contents

EOS Piece

  • Discussed with Anne J on Friday, awaiting another draft
  • Hope to get back to Barb at EOS by tomorrow

Workshop Funding Proposal

  • Show budget
  • Goal: get it to Ficomm by tomorrow, does group approve?
  • Anne needs help finding forms to submit

Workshop Participants

  • Spreadsheet of invitees: http://tinyurl.com/kpcqres
  • Jen Schupf said yes, Michael Tiemann, Todd Vision said no
  • Andrew Turner, Billy Williams?

ESIP Meeting

  • Plenary session
  • Breakout session for Feds
  • Group working session?

Web presence, input?

Meeting summary

  • We agreed to submit the funding proposal as drafted, Anne to coordinate with Carol regarding actual submission
  • Microsoft participation in workshop: coordinate w/ Carol. We've not heard from Mike Nelson. (Mike was a BRDI Board member at one time and comes to their events.) But, new development: ESIP has received a membership request from Microsoft Research, so perhaps there is some there to invite. Anne to coordinate with Carol about this.
  • We are waiting to hear from Billy Williams, his deadline is next Wed., 11/13. Bill and a Microsoft person would make 18 total.
  • If we have a space open, Anne is interested in inviting Jim J from Apache and Red Hat
  • Panel discussion - Carol has been working on the invitee list and the invitation
  • Breakout session for Feds: I guess we need and invitation and invitee list?
  • ESIP meeting sessions: Anne to request 2 sessions, one for breakout for Feds and one for the working group to meet
    • Carol and Erin to handle plenary
    • Would like to schedule the breakout for the Feds on the same day as the plenary, after the plenary, so parties could attend either
  • Web page for community outreach, input
    • Post on esipfed.org, include link to Data Study wiki
    • Use Google form to gather input
    • We need questions, content. But, we'll wait until we've drafted the various invitations, as the content we seek is likely mostly contained in those invitations
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox