Telecon 03.21.13 materials
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Items for discussion
Highlights from that conversation:
- Create a cluster mission statement: cluster mission statement
- Keep a reference list, but table the literature review, reference list
- Possible summer meeting targets
- panel discussion
- subsequent working session
- Possible subsequent workshop w/invited reps from wider scope
- Link to notes: http://goo.gl/9me2P (Thank you, Denise!)
Meeting Summary by Anne
- We agreed upon a working version of a mission statement for the cluster, cluster mission statement, though also agreed that we can modify it if necessary.
- Working plan:
- July: summer meeting, with panel discussion and working session
- Aug/Sept: write white paper for potential fall workshop
- Sept: fall workshop with broader participation, perhaps in conjunction with BRDI meeting?
- This spring we will draft an abstract and futher plan for the summer meeting panel session. A wiki page for that purpose is available here: Summer 2013 panel discussion
- We see the discussion as first having two parts: a speaker or speakers to provide a vision for the future, followed by the panel discussion
- On the wiki page we will discuss possible "visionaries" and also possible panel members.
- The outcome of the panel discussion will be a white paper to be used to inform a potential subsequent meeting of organization representatives that is broader than ESIP. This meeting may be held in conjunction with the September BRDI meeting.