Talk:Twitter FUNding Friday Project
Get Involved! -- Erinmr 10:30, 26 August 2009 (EDT)
This is an open project and if you are interested in contributing to the technical implementation or to the AQ event analysis. Register on this ESIP wiki to contribute content, discussions, or modify the page and click the "watch" tab to be notified of updates to this page.
- Air Twitter Contact: Erin Robinson
- Send direct message on Twitter to ESIPAQWG
- Follow us on Twitter: @ESIPAQWG
- Air Twitter To do Items
- Air Twitter Participants
Feedback/Lessons learned from 0908SoCal Fire event -- Erinmr 15:10, 9 September 2009 (EDT)
- Need better data access to real-time data in easy to view formats. Data we need MODIS true color, AOT; Airnow; Fire pixels; Models, OMI, GOES
- Would be good to have a real-time console set up that we could just adjust the bbox over the location of interest
- Would be nice if console could spit out KML with network links that would grow and update with the event
- Need links to DataSpaces for the datasets that have clear descriptions of what people are looking at, what it means...
- Need a way to quickly set up webcam archives and timeseries those images
- Need to capture and save RSS feeds from flickr, news, ... that during the event have relevant content, but afterwards will not
- Need easy way to make animations of timeseries data
- Created eventspace on/off announcement - drove traffic to the eventspace
- need way to increase participation/contributions to the site.
New AQ EventSpaces - Ventura County Fires, Australia Dust Storm -- Erinmr 01:29, 23 September 2009 (EDT)
Hi All - I wanted to share two evolving EventSpaces for current Air Quality events:
- Ventura Country Fires: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/0909SoCalFire_Ventura
- Sydney Australia Dust Storm: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/0909SydneyDust
If you have additional AQ data or information for either of these events feel free to send me an e-mail or post it directly to the wiki.
Catching Events -- Erinmr 11:27, 5 November 2009 (EST)
I think that the way AQ events are caught is that we notice on the AQ stream some one mentions and then we find what the event tag is and add that to the filter stream. Then we see the real increase in # of tweets.
Harvesting Resources -- Erinmr 11:28, 5 November 2009 (EST)
Started a delicious tag for links that are found in the Air Twitter stream. See Delicious tag AQResource.
# of people using #AirQuality tag on twitter -- Erinmr 11:39, 3 December 2009 (EST)
We introduced this tag, but now people are picking up the #AirQuality tag in other tweets too.
Airnow mentioned -- Erinmr 19:07, 3 December 2009 (EST)
Noticed that AirNow is mentioned a few times/day.
Re: Airnow mentioned -- Erinmr 12:42, 28 January 2010 (EST)
Here is Airnow Search on twitter
Peaks at End of Jan -- Erinmr 12:42, 28 January 2010 (EST)
The peaks in the time series at the end of Jan. are due to error in Air Twitter repeating the same tweet over and over, not b/c of an actual event.
Idea for portal -- Erinmr 12:41, 11 February 2010 (EST)
Would be cool to have a portal interface to the twitter aggregate stream too, so that community could see most recent different types of social media too (i.e. pane for flickr, pane for delicious, pane for twitter, for blogs, news, etc. and data.)
Progress update - Jan - Jun 2010 -- Erinmr 20:14, 1 August 2010 (MDT)
Air Twitter updates:
- Created a map view of geolocated AirTwitter content :http://pocus.wustl.edu/AQEar/map/map.html
- Identified and performed initial analysis on the Iceland volcanic ash air quality event (April 2010) and Quebec Fires (May-June 2010)
- Presented poster at National Air Quality Meeting
- Presented poster at ESIP meeting
- Applied and was listed as an IGARSS Community Remote Sensing project
- Continued to make the EnviroTwitter more robust through a test application with Airnow.