Sustainable Data Management/20170714 telcon notes
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Join from computer, tablet or smartphone at: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/618011013
- Dial in using your phone: :United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
- Access Code: 618-011-013
- Summer meeting
- Budget requests
- Clusters do not have annual budgets. However, clusters can submit "as needed budgets" for "special projects"
- All budget requests should be clearly linked to goals outlined in the the ESIP strategic plan (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2015-2020_Strategic_Plan).
- considerations from Helen Conover (financial committee)
- If you have any questions about the budget request process, please feel free to ask me (Slack: @hconover, [email protected]) or Erin (Slack: @erinrobinson, [email protected]).
- Budget requests should be submitted to me directly via email*, or to the “ficom” channel on Slack by August 15, 2017.
- Budget requests can be for project deliverables, based on an approved fee for services and not on an hourly rate.
- Budget discussions within committees and working groups should be clearly announced prior to the relevant meetings, through committee/working group listservs and to esip-all.
- Process for selections of any sub-awards should be described (e.g., competed within the group).
- Beagrie material
- Our needs for summer meeting:
- demo from NB on how to use these tools, how we might apply them to our needs.
- For homework in advance of the session, Dr. Beagrie recommends the following:
- The Value and Impact of the European Bioinformatics Institute. Full Report, 2016, Authors Neil Beagrie and John Houghton: http://www.beagrie.com/EBI-impact-report.pdf
- The Value and Impact of Data Sharing and Curation: A synthesis of three recent studies of UK research data centres, Authors Neil Beagrie and John Houghton: http://repository.jisc.ac.uk/5568/1/iDF308_-_Digital_Infrastructure_Directions_Report%2C_Jan14_v1-04.pdf (Note, we have reviewed this doc. -AW)
- Big Science and Innovation, Report to the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, London, 2013, Authors Technopolis https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/big-science-and-innovation--2
- CESSDA SaW ROI Factsheet, 2017, Charles Beagrie Ltd and CESSDA, http://dx.doi.org/10.18448/16.0002"
- Anne: contact Beagrie, confirm time we will meet (7/27 0900 Bloomington)
- what should we do to prepare
- are there questions he has for us
- Corinna - share NSF final report, please
- All: read the materal above, consider how the fit to our work from January
- discuss at next call (regular july call)