Summer 2011 Meeting
Santa Fe, NM - July 12-15, 2011
- Meeting Program
- Strategic Retreat Report
- Proposed Changes to Constitution and Bylaws
- ESIP Opportunities
- EPA Contest Flyer
- CLEAN Reviewer Flyer
A block of rooms has been reserved at both hotels at the conference rate of $100/night. Both room blocks are limited with rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cut-off date for reservations is 12 noon (MDT), June 13, 2011 or when the room block is full, whichever is earlier. Please note that Friday and weekend stayovers may incur a higher rate. For reservations, contact:
- Hotel La Fonda (800) 523-5002 - request the Federation for Earth Science Information Partners rate or provide the rate code 667054.
- Inn and Spa at Loretto (866) 582-1646 - request conference code 10B4XA.
Two airports serve the Santa Fe vicinity:
- The Albuquerque airport (ABQ) is 65 miles from Santa Fe and is served by most major airlines. Transportation from ABQ to the Meeting hotels is available via:
- The Santa Fe airport (SAF) is served by American Eagle airlines with connections in Dallas and LA.
- Airport shuttles, taxi service, and rental cars are available at SAF.
- RIDE SHARE - If you are interested in driving or riding with other ESIP members coming in about the same time, add your email address to the google doc spreadsheet (no login needed): http://bit.ly/lk6JLu
Registration for the 2011 Summer ESIP Federation Meeting is now open. Early registration (through June 1, 2011) is $395/members and $495/non-members. After June 1, the registration fee rises to $495 (members) and $595 (non-members). A special registration is available for students and teachers for $150. A one-day attendance is available upon request. Registration for the meeting begins here.
Data and Information Quality
Agenda by Day
- July 11, 2011 DataONE Workshop
- Tues July 12 (Teacher Workshop & Technical Workshops), SPG workshop agenda
- Wed July 13 (Teacher Workshop, Technical Workshops, Plenary, Poster Session)
- Thurs July 14 (Breakout Sessions)
- Fri July 15 (Committee/Cluster Meetings, FundingFriday, Breakouts, Field Trip)
We will continue to offer emergent meeting ('open meeting') capabilities. Rather than devoting a single day to this concept, this capability will be offered during the entire meeting. There will be space available for attendees to gather on the fly, around a table to have a discussion about a timely topic. This capability will be supported by the tweet stream, on-site postings and announcements during meeting gatherings.
NOTE: Best practices for Technical Workshops are here: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Technical_Workshop_Best_Practices
Social Media and Virtual Participation
Online Streaming Plenary and Breakout Sessions
Details to come.
"Hallway Chatter" on Twitter
Follow along with the 'hallway chatter' by checking on the #ESIPFed twitter stream. If you want to chime in, just tag your tweet with #ESIPFed (great for virtual questions during plenaries).
- Summer Meeting Submission form for poster abstracts, open meeting day sessions, breakout sessions and workshops.
CANCELLED due to wildfires. The Preserve is expected to remain closed through the rest of July.Valles Caldera National Preserve on Friday afternoon, led by Bob Parmenter (Valles Caldera Chief Scientist), followed by a no-host dinner. Transportation will be provided.