Session Topics Proposal Page
The proposed sessions for Thursday, July 19, 2007, are listed here. If you are proposing a session, please add a linked page with a description of your session and what the goals are. Please also include contact information so that people with questions about the session may contact you. If you are interested in attending a session, please add your name to the linked page associated with that proposed session so that the organizer can know that there will be sufficient interest to request a room or table for the session.
- Summer 2007 Session: WMS Slippy Map Integration. This session will provide an opportunity to get your WMS services integrated into a really cool Google Maps - like 'slippy map' viewer.
- Summer 2007 Session: Use Case SWAT. Want to develop a use case? Want to see technologist get interested in helping you solve real science application problems? Try this session.
- Summer 2007 Session: Education DAAC. Is it time for earth science education to have it's best data where it can find it and use it? Let's talk about cyberinfrastucture for education.
- Summer 2007 Session: International Metadata Standards for Images and Gridded Data. The ISO 19115 Part 2 - Metadata for Images and Gridded Data is becoming a Draft International Standard this summer. How can we use it effectively?
- Summer 2007 Session: Evaluating Sensor Webs for Earth Science Applications. Explore scenarios where sensor web architectures can provide an advantage to earth science research and/or applications.
- Summer 2007 Session: Applying Service-Oriented Architecture Concepts to USGEO Near-Term Opportunities. Help the Air Quality and Drought communities identify, design, (and perhaps build???) tools needed in both communities. *** Raw, unprocessed notes from the sessions added***
- Summer 2007 Session: Getting Your Data Used in Education: Addressing the Broader Impacts Component of your Research Project. The AccessData project works to bridge the gap between the scientific/technical and educational communities to make scientific data accessible and usable in educational contexts. Come see how we might partner to help make get your data used in education.
- Summer 2007 Session: Software Reuse in the Community. This session will discuss software reuse within the Earth science community, and how members of the community can encourage and increase reuse.
- Summer 2007 Session: Air quality interoperability experiments. Participate in examples of distributed web services used for air quality applications and discussions for future experiments.
- Summer 2007 Session: Air quality cluster meeting. Learn about new participants, and define future plans and activities for the air quality cluster.
- Summer 2007 Session: ESIP Federation: Vision for the Future. Help the ESIP Federation define its 10-year vision to grow and evolve the organization.
- Summer 2007 Session: Inventories for Products and Services - User Requirements, Current Shortcomings and Ways Forward. This discussion session is intended for different user communities to help define information and service inventory needs.
- Summer 2007 Session: NSF INTEROP proposal for EIE. Let's put together an NSF proposal to fully fund the Federation Earth Information Exchange.
- Summer 2007 Session: Carbon Cycle Cluster Breakout: Discussion of the developing Carbon Cycle Cluster, including how to integrate data and information sources through the EIE Portal.