SWTeleconNotes20121127

From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attendees

  • Bob Groman
  • Erin Robinson
  • Peter Fox
  • Eric Rozell
  • Bob Downs
  • Linyun Fu
  • Steve Aulenbach
  • Marshall Ma
  • Beth Huffer
  • Chris Lynnes
  • Alex Sorokine
  • Line Pouchard

Previous Action Items

  • Eric - document the ToolMatch software stack
  • Peter - contact a few people before next call to "convince" them to do more research on ontology governance (DONE)
  • Eric - look into the rules that Chris Lynnes provided, to create mappings to DL or FOL
  • Chris, Eric, Peter - coordinate on Rules Overview session
  • Erin, Peter - contact EarthCube (Yolanda Gil) on potential joint workshop with ESIP on Semantic Web

Action Items

  • Eric - document the ToolMatch software stack
  • Eric - look into the rules that Chris Lynnes provided, to create mappings to DL or FOL
  • Eric - update Session info on Commons
  • Chris, Eric, Peter - coordinate on Rules Overview session
  • Peter - add OBO Foundry principles discussion to ESIP Winter Meeting agenda

Notes

Action Items Review

  • Eric, not done
  • Peter discussed governance at ISWC
    • OBO Foundry principles (http://www.obofoundry.org/crit.shtml) (or search "OBO Foundry principles")
      • Add to agenda of Semantic Web Winter Meeting session
    • Positive feedback on potential joint ESIP / EarthCube workshop for early career

ToolMatch update

  • Dedicated session on state of ToolMatch
    • Logistics: WebEx (ESIP Semantic Web email list, contact Erin for scheduling)
  • At ESDSWG meeting, Deanna Pennington has VLC project which may overlap with ToolMatch
  • Eric spending time on ToolMatch in December
  • Contact Chris, Eric, or Peter if interested in participating
  • http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ToolMatch

Ontolog Update

Ontology Governance Update

  • Will be looking at OBO Foundry Principles
  • One of the Semantic Web Meeting will be discussing ontology governance

Information Quality Cluster Interactions

  • Peter joined Info Quality telecon
  • Cluster just re-initializing
  • Activity at Winter Meeting to rebuild on presentations made at Santa Fe Summer Meeting
  • http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/November_2012_IQ_Cluster_Meeting
  • Topics
    • Formalizing machine-encoded vocabularies for info quality
    • bridging gap btw data and info quality
    • Building on info quality gaps with ISO 19157

Winter Meeting Planning

New Business

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox