From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Back to Preservation and Stewardship
- OAIS (Open Archival Information System): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Archival_Information_System
- OAIS-based standards
- CCSDS 650.0-M-2: Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS) (Equivalent to ISO 14721:2012) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard. This Recommended Practice is the current OAIS Reference Model. The current issue includes clarifications to many concepts, in particular, Authenticity with the concept of Transformational Information Property introduced; corrections and improvements in diagrams; addition of Access Rights Information to PDI."
- Preservation Metadata Implementation Strategies (PREMIS) - preservation metadata standard developed by joint RLG-OCLC group and maintained by the Library of Congress
- CCSDS 651.0-B-1: Producer - Archive Interface Methodology Abstract Standard (Equivalent to ISO 20652:2006) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard "to identify, define and provide structure to the relationships and interactions between an information Producer and an Archive."
- ISO 20652:2006 - ISO version of the CCSDS standard (fee charged).
- CCSDS 652.0-M-1: Audit and Certification of Trustworthy Digital Repositories (Equivalent to ISO 16363:2012) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard "defines an audit and certification process for assessing the trustworthiness of digital repositories."
- ISO 16363:2012 - ISO version of the CCSDS standard (fee charged).
- Metrics for Digital Repository Audit and Certification - 2009 draft of the CCSDS/ISO standard
- CCSDS 652.1-M-1: Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Candidate Trustworthy Digital Repositories (Equivalent to ISO/DIS 16919) - CCSDS sponsored ISO standard "contains binding and verifiable specifications required to be fulfilled by organizations that perform ISO audits for assessing the trustworthiness of digital repositories using CCSDS 652.0-M-1, Audit and Certification of Trustworthy Digital Repositories, and provides the appropriate certification." ISO management system auditing practices have recently been updated. Updates to the CCSDS standard are in progress to obtain ISO approval.
- 2009 draft - 2009 draft of the CCSDS/ISO standard
- Data Identification Standards (NOTE: Several members of this cluster are working on a paper that assesses the utility of these standards for earth science. If the proposal to the Federation for a testbed is funded, we may get to actually test these out!)
- The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) is an international standard for describing data from the social, behavioral, and economic sciences. Expressed in XML, the DDI metadata specification supports the entire research data life cycle. DDI metadata accompanies and enables data conceptualization, collection, processing, distribution, discovery, analysis, repurposing, and archiving (http://ddi.icpsr.umich.edu/what)