2006-2007 Committee Activities
This page provides a single point of access for information about the ongoing activities of the Information Technology and Interoperability Committee. If you have any questions regarding these activities, or you want to become active in the committee, contact the committee Chair ([Karl Benedict]).
Recommendations for the 2006-2007 Committee work plan
- Development of strategy to encourage deployment and use of standards-based services and capabilities by Federation members
- Provide a bootable CD/DVD that includes most (if not all) of the well known interoperability tools/technology (P. Nacionales)
- Re-engage in discussions of semantic interoperability within the Federation and with the broader Earth Science community
- Provide concrete illustrations of the benefits of interoperable services through solution-based demonstrations (collaborate with Products and Services Committee and Web Services Cluster)
- Provide working examples/demonstrations in a self-contained CD/DVD (a bootable CD/DVD) (P. Nacionales)
- Provide technical input on the development and deployment of the collection of capabilities that comprise the Earth Information Exchange
- Contribute to the planning for the technical content for the Winter and Summer 2007 ESIP Federation Meetings.
Any other suggestions?
- Work to infuse Federation web services technology and service chaining into use cases being developed by the six Applications Clusters (T. Yunck)