ISO Metadata Features
As a starting point we can consider this list of features provided by these ISO Standards. Please use these pages to describe datasets or situations which present these needs. If you are currently addressing these needs with metadata, please describe how.
- Do you need to unambiguously identify things using your own namespace?
- Do you want to manage metadata using a relational or XML database?
- Do you want to serve metadata using a REST web service?
- Do you need to identify people in different roles?
- Do you need different documentation for different parts of your data?
- Do you need different documentation for different temporal and spatial subsets?
- Do you need to reference On-Line Resources?
- Do you need to describe many kinds of aggregations?
- Does data quality vary within the dataset?
- Do you need to track compliance with standards?
- Do you need to use spatial features to describe quality, like grids of quality flags?
- Do you need to keep track of user problems?
- Do you need to describe sources with different spatial and temporal extents?
- Do you need to describe requirements and objectives?
- Do you need to describe platforms and instruments?
- Do you need to explain why you did things to the data?
- Do need to share data with international partners?