Attendees: Shelley Olds, Johanna Bozuwa, Margaret Mooney, Robert Downs
- Summer workshop planning
- Eclipse resources- spreading the word
- Poster for EER & ESIP Summer Meeting
- Identify top-level education resource page survey: Action item
Summer workshop planning
- ESIP workshop agenda http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Education/2017edworkshop
- EER workshop info http://serc.carleton.edu/earth_rendezvous/2017/program/morning_workshops/w4/index.html
- 2 drone models tested out aren’t meeting our needs, but the model from last year does. Just doesn’t have the auto landing capability that the new models have. One was the “step up” but too powerful for inside.
- Bob’s presentation: needs ppt ability. Bob has sent to Margaret the link to the NASA HazPop app so that she can send it to the teachers via email.
- Shelley to bring an adapter for an iphone/ipad so that we can do a real-time demonstration
Eclipse resources- spreading the word
- If people ask about this, we should point them to the Out2Lunch resource
- Poster for EER & ESIP Summer Meetings
- Checking: A search on EER shows we do not have an ESIP poster at EER. Is that correct? - Last summer it was accepted, but it wasn’t submitted for this year
- Digital poster from the committees:
- List of 2017 Accomplishments
- Out 2 Lunch: need numbers
- Drones in STEM workshops
- PDF: http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/8/8b/ESIP-Education-Initiatives-2016.pdf
Identify top-level education resource page survey 3 question survey via google forms, w/ short link to easily typed in.
- What is this area/ resource good for?
- See if we can make an announcement/slide to Erin - state of ESIP - to share to the huge group; ESIP all, and slack
- The goal of this survey is to create a list of the education programs that ESIP partners provide. provide better visibility of the education and outreach our community offers
- Good of the order: [everyone shares their recent related work, etc]
- Bob: big data education
- Maybe an idea to broadcast that ESIP education via Out2Lunch & other venues are promoting the usage of big data through these tools that the partners have developed
- A lot of hype around big data so should leverage that hype
- Career perspective - a list of “big data” skills in order to get a position in a data-oriented career?
- Margaret: Looking forward to seeing everyone in Bloomington! Let’s have a lunch together