Agenda Items for Tuesday, Mar 14, 2017
Attendees: Margaret Mooney, Shelley Olds, LuAnn Dahlman, Bruce Caron, Kalo Haslem, Robert Downs, Johanna Bozuwa
Topics for meeting
- Summer workshop planning for ESIP summer meeting (Submit your session here submit session. Sessions will be accepted until COB Monday, April 10, 2017 ESIP Summer meeting information .)
- Title - Making Data Matter with Drones
- Drones will be available to teachers both at ESIP Summer Meeting and Rendezvous
- Best to have the drones intro first to get teachers engaged, then transition to presentations. Presentations are important because they engage a larger ESIP audience.
- Action Item to Margaret, write up a title and description for comments, submit ESIP summer meeting before the 10th
- Bob is available for a presentation on their new MapViewer and iPhone app.
- Action item to Bob to send description and links to potential presentation
- Kalo to do a presentation on his drones activities in the classroom. Adds authenticity to the experience.
- Action item to check if we can provide him with travel funds to attend.
- Forrest Mims would be a good person to approach.
- Action item to LuAnn, reach out and invite him to talk. If he isn't coming, potentially do remotely via GoToMeeting
Date & Timing
- Tuesday or Thursday would be best. Thursday may be preferred because then teachers can stick around for Funding Friday
- Check in with Drones cluster so that the sessions don't overlap
- Youtube channel available now
- Dan Zalles - maybe one component of the data tool instead of the whole case study.
- Action item to Shelley, reach out and see interest
- Bob Downs - fall Out2Lunch
- Action item to Shelley, reach out to coordinate time (closer to time)
- To discuss next meeting: what are the next steps for the evoke?
- Action item to LuAnn and Shelley, review ebook content again and determine next steps
Previous Meeting Action Items
- Action Item Margaret to send out advertisement once the final schedule has been solidified - result: done!
- Action Item Johanna to cut previous videos into 10 minutes and send out confirmation that they should be archived - result: available on ESIP YouTube playlist | https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8X9E6I5_i8iSGst95siRtwV0Fy9zJfcd
- Action Item: Bob and Shelley to connect and do a pre-recorded session. - result: not scheduled yet
- Action Item: Dan to send copy of case study to ESIP Education listserv - result: done! Suggestion of choosing one data tool to feature
- Action Item: LuAnn to modify eBook survey and put the survey up on the wiki with the link to the online eBook - result: is the survey necessary?
- Action Item: Margaret to email Erin for clarification about the budget - result: ends in September
- Action Item: Preston to investigate if we were accepted or not. - result: the session went into a black hole.
Video of the Session: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-POEFICBaeWbXZ5dkR2Nk1HRE0/view