From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Participants: Becky, Erin, Jesse, Margaret, Bob, Donna
- NSTA – Materials to Indy
- Margaret needs materials soon, or needs them mailed there.
- Luanne will be there, says QR code scanning is popular so teachers don't need to tote along lots of materials.
- Summer Meeting Session Proposals
- Call for session proposals – anyone can propose one.
- Education generally does Teacher Workshops
- Teacher Workshops
- Agenda not set yet – when does Plenary start? Wednesday morning. Idea is to have teacher workshops all day Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
- Call it a pre-conference session if we do it before the Plenary?
- We might want to make sure that the teachers can go to the Plenary – it helps them feel like part of the larger group, and sometimes is really valuable.
- Studies Group will have small teacher workshop group at summer session.
- My NASA data workshops will take all afternoon – take place of 4 sessions. Will that fragment our participants? Couple of workshops or meetings, making lesson plans and applets.
- Maybe instead of one 3-hour session, make two 1.5 hour sessions, so that you can choose 2 more 45 minute sessions from the rest of the workshops.
- 4 ESiP presenters needed for workshops.
- One can be technology tools, perhaps
- Using Online Tools at summer meeting
- One at winter meeting was well received. Should it be part of the teacher workshop? Separate one for the entire group, after the teachers are gone? (After workshops.)
- Perhaps do it 2x? Once targeted for teachers, once targeted for ESiP members?
- Teachers are funded for entire meeting, so lets do it after and encourage them to stick around and mingle with the larger ESiP community.