Education Telecon – 2011_11_17
Participants: Margaret, Luanne, Bruce, Becky, Alan, Bob, Jesse, Erin
NOAA funding for education seems non-existent, 20% cut to what?
- Hard to get funding to get ESiP members to meetings.
- Does the Climate Change working group have travel funding?
- Education budget got approved, so CC workshop has a winter budget, depends on what they want to spend it on.
(Questions about funding answered by distributing the budget.)
-We should require offset carbon credits if Climate Change funds are spent on airfare.
EarthCube – no talk really about education funding. Discussion of NSF being an umbrella over programs, like ESiP – data and visualization work
Are we set for the winter meeting?
- We have break-out rooms, outlines of meetings/talks
Too late to invite two student winners to winter meeting?
- Just got the awards last month, so it's not necessarily too late.
- Winter is more of a showcase meeting, maybe the summer meeting would be a better option.
NSTA conference – will send out an email to the listserv.
Next call in December after AGU.