From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Minutes from the Telecon on October 20th
Participants: Becky, Tamara, Erin, Bob, Pat, Luanne, Jesse
- NAAEE: Active conference, 850 people. One all-day climate literacy section, responsive audience.
- Education Budget: Finance Committee approved our budget, looking for an update on what we've accomplished.
- Clean Pathways and teacher workshops seem to be going well.
- We need to give the Finance Committee a written update on these things.
- Could we post our plan on the wiki and get feedback?
- Plans for the Climate Education session. Edward Maibach invited as speaker?
- Student session has migrated to a Climate Communication session. Survey to determine needs ongoing. Does Ed still fit with our goals?
- Internal Education: Still working to get this organized.
- Undergraduate Research award: Bruce went and awarded this last year, Becky will this year.
- Does the winner get funded to come to the ESiP meeting(s)? Nobody is sure.
- We should be sure to do this for next year.
- Earth Exploration Toolbook team won Science Magazine's SPORE prize.