From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Minutes from the Telecon on August 18, 2011
Participants: Bruce, Jesse, Bob, Luanne, Margaret, Erin, Carol, Becky, Alan, Pat
- Feedback positive from summer meeting, all around.
- Bruce: Committee meeting at summer meeting – refresher.
- Internal education working group. Not making content, but organizing it, finding people to teach.
- Alan – will be on working group
- Semantic Web Tutorials → Online
- Expertise or skill-finder database to pair people – existing tool doesn't include education.
- NOAA centric project?
- We still need a chair for the working group.
- Margaret: Feedback from Teacher Workshop:
- Presenters got feedback after session.
- Teachers liked the ESiP experience.
- Rest of the meeting not really teacher friendly. How do we respond to this?
- Twitter translation service – for during presentations?
- Next summer conference: 3rd week of July, Tues – Fri.
- Promotion of ESiP mission at next 2 conferences.
- Pat: We can use my booth space at a number of spaces.
- Texas Science and Engineering Festival – good place to advertise ESiP.
- Have we reminded the educators about the lesson plan bounty? School year starting, lets remind them.