Discovery Telecon 2016-03-08
- Tuesday, March 8th, 2015. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Goto Meeting Link: https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/131281357
You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (224) 501-3312 Access Code: 131-281-357
- Doug Newman
- Grace Peng
- Soren Scott
- Annie Burgess
- Chris Lynnes
- ESRI and Open Search Best Practices - Sam.
- Re-visit NCEI geoportal server OpenSearch capabilities using CWICSmart OpenSearch Client - Sam, Yuanjie Li
- Session planning for Summer ESIP. Deadline April 1st.
- CSW Best Practices
We will submit 2 sessions to the Summer ESIP meeting:
- Proposal for plenary-style relevancy session. Relevancy 101 + Relevancy Hackathon where we ask the audience to rank search results based on search terms.
- General Discovery session focusing on how successful the OpenSearch Best Practices have been, the state of compliance in the community and where we will go next (opendap BP, CSW BP). Note that if we do not get a plenary-style session for the relevancy work we will put it here.
We also need to co-ordinate with the EOSDIS new technologies session for any cross-over topics.
- Put OPeNDAP information back into Best Practices. Doug.
- Contact Ed Armstrong at the Relevancy working group to determine if we are overlapping in any of the above session topics. Doug.
- From Grace Peng. 'Any thoughts on stuff that grad students should know about data?' see http://ncarrda.blogspot.com/p/rda-tutorial-v.html. All
- Submit session proposals before April 1st. Doug.