Discovery Telecon 2015-11-10
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
- Tuesday, November 10th, 2015. 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
- Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
- Click the “Meeting Center” tab
- Select the Discovery
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Attendee access code: 231 383 72
- Doug Newman
- Soren Scott
- Ruth Duerr
- Yonsook Enloe
- Sam Silva
- ESRI and Open Search Best Practices - Doug. In progress
- Re-visit NCEI geoportal server OpenSearch capabilities using CWICSmart OpenSearch Client - Yuanjie Li
- Provider NSIDC examples of non-dataset and non-granule OSDD - Soren
- Add 'up' recommendation to OpenSearch BP - Doug. In progress
- Bring 'controlled vocabulary in OS' conversation to wider audience - Ruth.
- Unique ID in OSDD - bring up in Google group - Ruth.
- Make contact with Google Group - Doug.
- New Student Fellow - Sam Silva from MIT
- OpeNDAP and the ESIP Best Practices
- Now that we have severed the link between ESIP and CEOS BP we need to add back in the elements that were not appropriate for CEOS (OPeNDAP, Casting)
- We need to get the OpenSearch Google group engaged
- AGU - we need a new strategy for engaging the Earth Science community in OpenSearch, EDSC etc.
- Provide 'orientation' for Sam. Doug.
- Advertise ESIP OpenSearch Best Practice with the google group. Doug.
- Advertise validator with the google group. Doug.
- Put OPeNDAP information back into Best Practices. Doug.
- Look for avenues in AGU to publicize Global OpenSearch. Doug.