Category:Climate Forecast Conventions
The CF Cluster has expanded to include consideration of the more general problem of conventions and best practices for documenting scientific datasets in any format using a variety of dialects. This Category includes pages that are relevant to the CF Conventions.
- Propose extensions to the CF naming conventions that are relevant to observational data
- Create use cases and interoperability demos that demonstrate the value of CF usage in remote sensing
- Provide tutorials at Federation meetings on the use of the CF conventions
Possible CF Extensions
- 1. Spectral bands
- Define as dimension rather than coordinate variable
- Pre-define band names
- Pre-define by wavelength/frequency range
- Proposal by Tom Whittaker
- 2. Data quality
- Modifiers such as "percent_cloud_free"
- 3. Level 3-specific
- Local/solar time
- 4. Level 2-specific
- Orbital parameters/swath geometry
- 5. Level 1-specific
- Calibration tables/engineering parameters
- 6, Cf/Radial
- Radial data conventions for radars and lidars
netCDF and ISO
Some ideas about the relationship between the [netCDF metadata model and ISO] are available. Input on those topics are welcome.
netCDF Templates for in-situ data types
NODC has recently proposed a set of netCDF Templates for in-situ data types. These are important potential extensions to the CF Conventions.
netCDF files with groups
Developing CF standard names for data from ADCPs and current meters
H4CF Conversion Library- provides CF-compliant access to HDF4 and HDF-EOS2 files
Join the Cluster e-mail list
- CF Home Page
- Read the CF-satellite archives (UCAR):
- Join the CF-satellite e-mail list (UCAR):
- NCAR's proposed CF-compliant format for fixed and mobile radars and lidars (Cf/Radial):
Pages in category "Climate Forecast Conventions"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.