Air Quality Session: 17th Federation meeting highlights
Back to: Air Quality Cluster
The following is a general outline for the Air Quality Cluster sessions during the ESIP Federation Meeting at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, NY July 18-21, 2006.
The Air Quality Cluster will meet on Wednesday from 1:30-3:00 and Thursday from 10:00-12:00.
Feel free to add your own content to this page during and after the meeting. (How to edit the wiki)
1) Portals offer opportunity to connect groups and share data/services
- plenty of resources are available for accessing and using data
- how can we make those resources part of coherent interface
- help users lay out their own interface to data and services
- NASA-NOAA-EPA collaborating on their air quality portals. The cluster has the right groups and technology to provide the framework for integrating those portals.
2) Use Cases to be used for defining and fostering data/service/portal interaction
- Focused application areas drive focused use cases to demonstrate process of interoperability
3) Public health is an important decision support application for air quality
- Collaboration among the two communities fits naturally with the cluster/ESIP objectives
- public health could be the end component of a use case / service chaining experiment
- AQ Cluster meeting notes July 19
- AQ Cluster Meeting Notes #2
Perspectives on ESIP Air Quality Cluster
- Steve Kempler - NASA Goddard
- Steve Young - EPA OEI