AQCluster Telecons 29May09
From Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
May 29 , 2009 Telecon
- GEO Call For Proposals
- Points of Clarification from call:
- Each GEO proposal should target one particular user so the proposal with IIT Bombay should be seperate from a proposal with CATHALAC. The hope is that by being more specific the project specific needs will be clearer.
- The end result of the proposed work should be that the users walk away with a better decision support system. The IT and educational aspects are good parts of the project, but should be enabling end-users to walk away with better decisions. Proposals shouldn't just promote training or IT.
- Differentiation between Type I - aren't using Earth Observation data and but interested in learning how to use and Type II - currently using Earth obs, but may want to incorporate other types of Earth observations into their work. There aren't clear distinctions between the two and Lawrence thought these could be either type I or II. Type I projects may need more support, financial and expertise. Type II may already have funding, but just need help getting data.
- ESIP summer meeting, using video conference to include more participants for at least some sections of meeting.
- Need to spread the word about the virtual participation in the summer ESIP meeting, potential reps from NOAA, NASA, EPA; also maybe EU particpation?
- Start preparing/collecting content for the AQ sessions
- Greg Leptoukh
- Lawrence Friedl
- Brand Niemmann
- David McCabe
- John White
- Ana Prados
- Rudy Husar
- Erin Robinson