2008-06-04: Subcommittee on Interoperability Telecon Minutes
Back to < Subcommittee on Interoperability
Subcommittee on Interoperability
Ad Hoc Advisory Committee -- Air Quality Data Summit
June 4, 2008, 2:00 – 3:00pm EDT
Conference Room C351K
Conference Call Agenda
Action Items from 5/21 Telecon
- Action: Need to start a list/use one in existence (NARSTO/CF Conventions) of standard parameter names
- Follow up: Extracted naming conventions from AIRS-AQS and CF Convention into a Google Doc Spreadsheet
- Next Action: Extend CF Convention? Namespace mapping?
- Action: Create introductory/tutorial material on WCS (suggested 10 slide ppt or screencast with Intro, block diagrams and discussion)
- Follow up: Screencast on WCS Application ~ 10 min. General Interoperability of Air Quality Data Systems Workspace
- Follow up: WCS Map View Query - Extraction of point monitoring data for a selected paramenter, time and bounding box
- Follow up: WCS Time View Query - Extraction of point monitoring data for a selected paramenter, location and time range
- Follow up: WCS Access to netCDF - Anatomy of WCS wrapper for datasets residing in netCDF file. Includes portable code for linux and dot net.
MAJOR DECISIONS / CONCURRENCES from 5/21
- Messaging system for WCS is CGI key value pairs
- Preferred payload types starting with simplest CSV, next netCDF
- AQS and Airnow will pilot a WCS interface.
Conference Call Meeting Notes
COMMITTEE MEMBERS, Attendees 6/04/08 bolded:
NEXT CONFERENCE CALL:
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 from 2:00 – 3:00pm EDT. Conference calls are scheduled on a bi-weekly basis.